With the changes in the lifestyle, the majority of the population is suffering from multiple diseases such as major depression and anxiety. There are multiple factors which are causing major depression. These are changes in hormone levels, multiple medical conditions, major anxiety, and stressful lifestyle. Major depression is difficult to treat at home because it requires careful attention and treatment from a psychiatrist.
The correct diagnosis helps in the cure of major depression and anxiety, which is easy and manageable. Psychotherapy can control minor signs and symptoms of major depression.
Depression can affect any age group. Major depression can lead to suicidal thoughts along with hallucinations and delusions. For the treatment of major depression and anxiety, patients have to visit a psychiatrist for better treatment.
- Lifestyle modification can treat depression. Negative thoughts management result in dopamine and serotonin increased levels. Patients must keep themselves busy in multitasking.
- Exercise regularly for any length of time as it will give a positive effect on mood and behavior.
- Tryptophan supplements and omega-3 diet helps in enhancing the serotonin level.
- Regular sleep helps in improvement of brain chemistry.
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), tricyclic antidepressants (TCA) can treat major depression.
- Major depression can be managed clinically or with the use of Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT). Cognitive behavioral therapy can treat major depression.