Can you imagine life without pizza? Yeah, we can’t either. Here are some interesting and funny facts about pizza to celebrate our love for it.
1. The International Pizza Expo takes place in Las Vegas every year. The date for the next expo is March 27 – 30, 2017
2. A geometry theorem is named after pizza. It is called the “Pizza Theorem.” When it comes to pizza even geometry is a fan.
3. The most popular pizza topping is pepperoni and the least favorite is anchovies. Although, it’s wrong to pick favorites when it comes to pizza.
4. October is National Pizza Month. Who are we kidding? Every day is pizza day and every month is pizza month!
5. 93% of Americans eat pizza once a month. Why is it not 100%?! We Americans have disappointed the pizza gods.
6. Women tip pizza delivery guys better than men. Why wouldn’t you generously tip the guys who deliver bits of heaven at your door step?
7. More pizzas are sold during Super Bowl week than any other time of the year.
8. There is a pizza place in Alaska that delivers by plane. It’s like a blessing from the skies. Literally!
9. McDonald’s used to sell pizza in the 1980s. Imagine Ronald McDonald delivering pizzas. We just shuddered at the thought.
10. Pizza Hut actually developed a perfume that had the fragrance of a fresh pizza.