Many people like Uber as it is one of the most popular ride services available but that doesn’t make it the only option available. If you are not satisfied by the services or policies they offer, how their drivers treated you or a recent surge in pricing then you can always uninstall the Uber app and completely delete your account.
How do you UnInstall the Uber App?
Uninstalling the Uber app is easy.
- Touch the Uber app icon and hold until it begins to jiggle.
- Tap the Delete icon (looks like an X).
- Tap Delete to confirm.
How do you delete your Uber account?
To delete your Uber account completely:
- Go to Uber Help in Safari or your web browser of choice.
- Tap/Click Sign In To Get Help.
- Enter your Uber-associated email address or phone number.
- Enter your Uber password
- Enter Yes to confirm.
- Enter a reason if you have something specific you want to share.
- Click Submit.
How to Delete Uber Driver Account?
- Visit this page on Uber’s support site.
- Log in to your Uber account.
- Type “yes” into the top field.
- In the body of the message, fill in why you are deleting your account. Or not. It’s up to you.
- Tap/Click Submit.
What if you change your mind? Simple. Download the Uber app again and make a new account.
Need an alternative? Try the Lyft app