America is the undisputed superpower of the world in terms of technology, firepower and the economy, but we are also the leader when it comes to having weird laws. Check out some of these strange state laws:
1. It is illegal for a man to buy drinks for more than three people at one time in Nevada.
So that means all treats that were due can be lawfully canceled. Yay!
2. Anyone over the age of 12 can own a handgun. The only stipulation is that the person should not have committed a felony in Michigan.
Because every 12-year-old needs a handgun to avoid committing felonies.
3. Bingo games cannot last more than 5 hours in North Carolina.
The state has zero tolerance for lazy senior citizens and their leisurely activities!
4. You are not allowed to walk across the street on your hands in Connecticut.
We guess the state has a special score to settle with acrobats!
5. It is illegal to get a fish drunk in Ohio.
Because nobody wants to see a drunk fish’s shenanigans.
6. You must be 18 years of age to play a pinball machine in South Carolina.
Because playing pinball machines at 17 is too mainstream.
7. It’s illegal to have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at all times in Alabama.
Please keep the ice cream as close to your mouth as possible, or use your shirt pocket to carry it.
8. It is illegal to give cats, dogs or other domestic animals a lighted cigar in Illinois.
Pet owners, please stop sharing cigars with your pets.
9. It is illegal to take a lion to the movies in Maryland.
How am I suppose to entertain my lion then?
10. One is not allowed to bathe two babies in the same tub at the same time in California.
This is not a pool party, be careful!
11. A man cannot be seen wearing a jacket and pants that do not match in New York.
Make sure your jacket matches your pants or else the fashion police will be all over you!
12. Waking a sleeping bear for a photo opportunity is strictly forbidden in Alaska.
Rightly so! We all look horrible when we wake up. Also, waking a bear might also put you in a deep sleep forever.
13. It is illegal to sell peanuts in Lee County after sundown on Wednesday in Alabama.
FYI, Peanuts transform into vampires on Wednesday nights.
14. It is a crime to share your Netflix password in Tennessee.
Sharing your password might lead you to share a jail cell with a hardened criminal.
15. It is illegal to fall asleep in a cheese factory in South Dakota.
Always be alert when around cheese.