Bojack Horseman is the most depressing program on TV. An amazing statement, given that we are talking about an animated sitcom that follows an abandoned actor in a world where people and anthropomorphic animals live side by side. At first, this original underrated Netflix seems like an absurd and absurd comedy. The words of the game with animals are the norm, the Hollywood satire is sharp, and the celebrities play funny versions of themselves. But if you pay close attention, it becomes obvious that the series is much deeper. In fact, it is about finding a depressive person of meaning. Explore BoJack’s fragile psyche, his attempts to comprehend his life and his repeated failures as a “normal” and productive member of society.
Check out these Bojack Horseman quotes from the show that’ll 99.9% make you sob:
- An idea for a new app: an undo button that can undo long amounts of time.
- Laura! Clear our my schedule! I have to push a boulder up a hill and then have it roll over me time and time again with no regard for my well-being!
- Dead on the inside, dead on the outside.
- There is no shame in dying for nothing. That’s why most people die.
- Ow, crap. I hate this. Running is terrible. Everything is the worst.
- I think about my child’s heartbeat and oh, it makes me weep. I hope and pray to God my little fetus has a soul. Because I want it to feel pain when I eject it from my hole.
- When you look at someone through rose-colored glasses, all the red flags just look like flags.
- I need to go take a shower so I can’t tell if I’m crying or not.
- That woman can knock a drink back like a Kennedy at a wake for another Kennedy, but I’ll be damned if she doesn’t get shit done!
- You sleep on my couch and you don’t pay rent. I’ve had tapeworms that are less parasitic. I don’t even remember why I let you stay with me in the first place.
- Man, I really regret buying those muffins and then eating them all on the drive home.
- Things don’t become traditions because they’re good, BoJack, they become good because they’re traditions.
- You are a horrible person, and you not understanding that you’re a horrible person, doesn’t make you less of a horrible person.
- Crack an egg on your head. Let the yolk drip down.
- Diane: What have you been doing?
- BoJack: Mostly sitting around the house complaining about things.
- It’s not about being happy, that is the thing. I’m just trying to get through each day. I can’t keep asking myself ‘Am I happy? ‘ It just makes me more miserable. I don’t know If I believe in it, real lasting happiness, All those perky, well-adjusted people you see in movies and TV shows? I don’t think they exist.
- He’s so stupid he doesn’t realize how miserable he should be.